Questions & Answers
- Why has my account been sold?
The original creditor will have decided that, based on their internal processes, the best course of action in managing the outstanding balance on your account is to sell the account to a 3rd Party. In this instance, MKDP LLP is now the legal owner of the original account and their servicing agent, Compello Group (including the brands MK Rapid Recoveries, Raven Recoveries and Keynes Collections), will attempt to make contact to agree a suitable option for payment of the outstanding balance.
- Why should I speak to you?
MKDP LLP are now the legal owners of this account, and their servicing agent Compello Group are managing your account. We are here to work with you in order to achieve repayment of the outstanding balance by a method and timescale that reflects your current social and financial circumstances.
- How do I start clearing my debts?
- You can pay the full outstanding balance by a variety of payment methods all of which are on the 'How to Pay' section of our website and on our letters. Should you wish to set up a payment arrangement to reduce the outstanding balance weekly or monthly, please call or write to us and we will be happy to discuss the options that best suit your social and financial circumstances. We are here to help and will consider any form of payment plan that best suits your ability to pay.
- How much will I have to pay?
If you are unable to pay the full outstanding balance, we will discuss the best payment option that suits your social and financial circumstances. There is no minimum amount required as long as the payment amount is affordable and manageable. Please call our telephone negotiators on 0330 300 1004 to discuss which payment options are right for you.
- How do I set up a payment plan?
In order to understand which is the best payment option and payment amount that suits your social and financial circumstances we would ask that you contact us. We are happy to discuss and arrange a payment plan that works for you.
- What payment methods do you accept?
Our accepted payment methods are: Direct Debit, Debit Cards, Standing Order, Cheques, Postal Orders, Bank Transfer, by telephone or internet payments via our website, or at Post Office and PayPoint outlets.
Please see the How to Pay page for further details.
- Is it safe to use Debit Cards online?
- Yes. Compello use a recognised and secure 3rd party to process, encrypt and safeguard all card payments online.
- Which is the best payment method to use?
- Compello Group believe that each customer has a preferred method of payment depending on their social and financial circumstances. We have found that many customers prefer to pay us by Direct Debit as this is a reliable form of payment, giving our customer the knowledge and security that payments will reach us on a specific day for a specific amount. This option is also protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee offered by participating banks and building societies.
- What happens if I do not keep up my payments?
We understand that an individual's financial circumstances can change throughout the duration of a payment plan set up with Compello. If your circumstances have changed or you are experiencing financial difficulties, we would advise you to call us and discuss your changing situation and how we can best manage your payment plan before you miss a payment. If you do not contact us and continue to miss payments on your outstanding balance, we may have no option than to escalate your account within our collections process. This may lead to legal action being undertaken. This is our last option and we urge you to call us to discuss your circumstances ahead of this stage.
- What happens to my credit report?
It is likely that the original creditor will have registered a default notice against you on your credit file due to non payment of the outstanding balance. As MKDP LLP has purchased the account from the original creditor, this default is also transferred. Having a default on your credit file can make obtaining additional credit (Mortgage, Loan, Mobile Phone) difficult. Once a customer either pays the full outstanding balance or sets up a payment plan, MKDP LLP will update the Credit Reference Agencies and this will show an improvement on your credit file.
- Where can I get a copy of my credit file?
Experian offer 30 days free access to your credit file via the following link: www.mycreditdetails.co.uk.
- Why is it good to clear my credit rating?
Clearing your credit rating will make it easier for you to obtain additional credit (i.e. Mortgage, Loan, Mobile phone) in the future. It will also mean that you may obtain a lower interest rate for additional borrowings.
- How do I get advice on my debt?
Our Telephone Negotiators are trained to offer advice and options for the outstanding balance that we own, however we are unable to offer wider financial advice. We are able to advise you of independent 3rd parties that can offer advice and guidance on dealing with financial indebtedness and hardship. These companies include the following non-profit organisations:
Step Change Debt Charity (formally CCCS), a registered charity providing free and independent advice that can be contacted on 0800 138 1111 or via www.stepchange.org
National Debtline, a helpline that provides free, confidential and independent debt advice and can be contacted on 0808 808 4000 or via www.nationaldebtline.co.uk
- I am currently dealing with a Debt Management Company
You will need to contact us and inform us of the organisation that is dealing with your finances. This is to ensure that we are in direct contact with them and can agree a way forward on your account. This can be done by contacting the Compello Debt Management Team on 0330 300 1004 or use the contact page to email us.
- What if my financial circumstances change?
In order for us to manage a payment plan that is suitable for your current social and financial circumstances, it is important that we are kept aware of any changes in your circumstances. We will be able to review your current payment arrangement and alter them accordingly. You can do this by calling or emailing us on 0330 300 1004 or email us using the contact page.
- What should I do now?
If you have received a letter from either the Original Creditor notifying you of a change of ownership on your account, or a letter from any of the following brands; MK Rapid Recoveries, Raven Recoveries or Keynes Collections, it is important that you contact us. We will then be able to discuss the outstanding balance along with your current social and financial circumstances.
- How do I update my contact details?
To update your contact details, please advise us by either calling our Telephone Negotiators or writing to us. Full contact details can be found on our Contacts page.
- This isn't my debt?
In order for us to investigate, please contact us immediately on 0330 300 1004 quoting your reference number.
- I don't recognise the name of the lender on the letter?
Many organisations that consumers borrow money from have a parent company that they are owned by. In some cases different companies may be bought or sold to other companies and this can sometimes mean that the name may differ from the original creditor. If this is the case, please call us on 0330 300 1004, e-mail us using the contact page or write to us at Compello Group, Fleming House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, MK5 8FR, ensuring that you include your reference number on any correspondence and we will be able to clarify the circumstances behind a differing name.
- How do I make a complaint?
Compello Group continues to develop the customer experience that you receive at every level within the business. However, if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your engagement with Compello Group please contact us on 0330 300 1004, e-mail us using the contact page or write to us at Compello Group, Fleming House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, MK5 8FR. Please ensure that you include your reference number on any correspondence. You can also view a copy of our Complaints Procedure should you require any further information on the process.
- Who else can I complain to?
We hope that we are able to resolve any level of dissatisfaction you may have. However, if you are not entirely satisfied with the resolution, you are able to contact other external organisations. Further details can be found on the How to Complain page of this website.
- How do I thank a Compello employee for the help I have received?
In order for us to pass on the feedback, please call us on 0330 300 1004, e-mail us using the contact page or write to us at Compello Group, Fleming House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, MK5 8FR. Please ensure that you include your reference number on any correspondence.
- I have received a Statement from MKDP LLP, what do I need to do and why are you sending it to me?
This is your Annual Statement, which is for your information only. We are obliged to send you an Annual Statement by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, this is to ensure you are kept informed of your current position. You do not need to do anything, however if you’d like to discuss your account in detail, please contact us.
- I have a 3rd party acting for me, why have you sent this statement to me
We are obliged to send you your Annual Statement by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This is for information only and you do not need to do anything.
- You wrote to tell me that my account is on hold, why have I received this statement?
We are obliged to send you your Annual Statement by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This is for information only and you do not need to anything.
- Do I have to receive an Annual Statement?
We believe you should always have access to this information; you will receive this document once a year.
- I have multiple accounts with MKDP LLP. Will I receive an Annual Statement for each account?
Yes, you will receive an Annual Statement from MKDP LLP for each account that is managed by the Compello Group or its agencies. Your statement will be produced around the anniversary of when your account was sold to MKDP LLP or on the anniversary of the last statement sent by the original creditor, therefore you may find that your statement for each account will arrive at different times.
- I don’t think the information in my statement is correct?
If the statement is not clear or you feel the information supplied may not be correct, please contact us so that we can assist you.
- Can I change the date that the annual statement is sent out?
No, the date is fixed to ensure you receive a full 12 month period of activity on your account.
- Can I access my Annual Statement online?
This facility is currently not available.
- Why does the statement say I have to make a minimum payment and that I have failed to make a minimum payment?
We are obliged to send you an Annual Statement and this will include prescribed wording from the Consumer Credit Act regarding your account. The reference to you falling behind with your payment under the agreement relates to the agreement held with the original creditor, not ourselves.
- I thought my account is managed by MK Rapid Recoveries / Keynes Collections, who are MKDP LLP?
MK Rapid Recoveries and Keynes Collections are part of the Compello Group. Compello Group service your account on behalf of MKDP LLP who are the legal owners of your account.
- My account is closed, why am I receiving this statement?
We are obliged to send you an annual statement until there is no longer any balance outstanding, this will be your final annual statement and will ensure you have the most up to date record.
- How do I get in touch with my original creditor?
Please get in touch with us initially to assess if we are able to assist you with your query. We will then advise the best course of action.